Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 books for 2013

Why hello there blog!

It's been a while, but I hope we can still be friends. It's also been a busy year so I'm making no excuses. We've been rocking this house party Paterson style with each week flying by at break neck speed that's definitely faster than last week's neck breaker. You get my drift.
It's been pretty great though and we're having lots of fun and have been learning some good stuff along the way.

One of those fabtastic learning sources for me this year has been books. Good old books. I used to read. All the time. Everywhere. Hundreds of books soaked up for the love of reading. And then with the invention of that danged ol' smart phone all my 3 min 42 second reading breaks went on a quick flip through the Sky news app or an obviously essential browse through Facebook.
But the absence of books made this brown girl sad. So at the start of 2013 I decided I was going to read again. Yarp - 30 books for this year if I could. And that's why this is so exciting people!! It's the 5th of November and we're on book number 30. That's worth a little blog post, surely.


Below is the stuff I've been reading, I've loved most of it and struggled through some of it and it's been nourishing for both my mind and heart. Some of the highlights for me were One thousand gifts by Ann Voskamp, Every good Endeavour by Tim Keller and The Feast of Roses by Indu Sundaresan.

It's been excellent!! It truly has and I'd highly recommend so many of these....so if you're thinking of giving any of these a go -  drop me a line. Give reading a chance - it's always going to be worth it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment